How to create branded content strategies based on VR and video360? PART 1
ORGANISER: MIMO VR
The VR and video 360 technology creates new opportunities for building narratives based on the feeling of being present in the moment and experiencing the story. Broadcasters such as the BBC and the New York Times, and brands including Coca Cola, McDonalds, Nokia, Samsung, Facebook, Sony and others are already using the technology to create a new quality of contents and branded content formats, which engage the recipients in previously unknown ways. Therefore, the use of VR as a marketing tool in the form of branded content poses a new challenge for content creators, developers, as well as marketers and businesses.
During the workshops, the groups will have a task to develop creative content in the VR format for a brand (actual or imaginary). The aim of the workshop is to guide the participants through the process of creating VR contents.
Number of participants: 20 ppl (4 groups of 5 participants)
PART I – INTRODUCTION:
Duration: 1.5 h
- VR and video 360 – a new medium
- The place of VR and video 360 in the brand media-mix
- Basic technical specifications and production requirements for the VR and video 360 formats
- Distribution platforms – discussed
PART II – CREATIVE PROCESS – GROUP WORK:
Duration: 2.5 h
- Task presentation
- Brand position analysis vs. VR/v360 as a marketing tool
- Development of creative concepts and treatments for the VR/v360 format
- Preparation to present group ideas (PPT, other format)
- Pitching – presentation of ideas 30 min
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPANTS:
During the workshop, the participants will gain theoretical knowledge of VR and video 360 as a new medium and learn about their role in branded content strategies. The participants will be able to independently set out objectives for projects using those formats. They will also gain practical knowledge of the creative process connected to developing VR/v360 formats, from project assumptions to the finished concept.